AlixPartners appoints new managing director
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Global business-advisory firm AlixPartners has announced the appointment of Eugenio Berenga as a managing director of the firm, as regional leader of its Middle Eastern operations, based in the UAE.
Berenga, who is a member of the AlixPartners’ Global Operating Committee, has over 22 years of experience in operations and supply-chain improvement and restructuring in Italy, France, US, and the UK.
His proven track record includes driving tangible results for some of the world’s leading corporations in industrial goods, automotive, aerospace, engineering and construction and pharmaceuticals, a statement from the company said.
Stefano Aversa, co-president of AlixPartners, said: “This is a very significant appointment for AlixPartners, as Eugenio’s experience and stature signals our commitment to expand our GCC presence on-the-ground.”
“Eugenio will undoubtedly take AlixPartners to the next level in providing business turnaround and performance improvement expertise to our prominent clients in the Middle East.”
“AlixPartners has a growing reputation in the region and I look forward to bringing my experience to bear to support businesses as they plan and implement their growth strategies; work that we see accelerating in the future.”
“We call this kind of work ‘structuring,’ which complements the restructuring work for which we are also well known, making AlixPartners the firm to turn to at virtually any stage of corporate health.”
AlixPartners has been involved in a number of critical assignments across the region, working for several prominent public and private sector companies. It has added a number of consultants to its growing Middle East team since opening its Dubai office in 2010.
Berenga joined AlixPartners in 2003 to help establish the firm’s subsidiary in Italy, taking over as country leader in 2007, the statement said. During this period, he acted as CEO, chairman and board director for a number of industrial companies, supporting various industrial planning, performance-improvement and turnaround projects.
Prior to joining AlixPartners, he spent nearly seven years in management-consulting. Earlier in his career, he worked for pharmaceutical company Boehringer Mannheim AG (now part of Roche Group) and technology group Olivetti SpA, building up his operational expertise. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit