Global wins approval for debt restructuring
Kuwait, November 26, 2012
Kuwait's Global Investment House has received the backing of "an overwhelming majority" of creditors for its debt restructuring plan, the company said in a statement on Monday.
The restructuring, its second in three years, was approved by creditors representing 96.7 per cent by value and 90.9 per cent by number at a meeting in Dubai earlier on Monday, a company filing to the London Stock Exchange said.
A court hearing has been scheduled for December 3 to grant final legal approval to the restructuring plan, it added, and the agreement will take effect on that date or soon after if the court assents.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson