Bahrain economy poised for growth
Manama, January 5, 2013
The traders and businesswomen in Bahrain expect the economy to grow substantially this year, said a report by our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The programmes sponsored by Bahrain labour fund Tamkeen benefiting the small and medium enterprises have enabled the national economy to withstand challenges, the report stated.
The $10 billion GCC Marshall Plan will boost public spending and accelerate the growth of the national economy, said the report.
Meanwhile, brokers cast doubts on the ability of Bahrain Bourse and other GCC exchanges to improve their performance in light of continuous political upheavals in the region, Iranian belligerence and the euro zone crisis, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson