Tom Smith and Faisal Al Najjar
United Arab Bank names senior VP
Sharjah, March 7, 2013
Sharjah-based United Arab Bank (UAB) has appointed Faisal Al Najjar as senior vice president and head of Liabilities.
Before he joined UAB, A Najjar was managing Mashreq Gold and SME for Dubai Region.
Tom Smith, executive vice-president & group head of Retail Banking, said: “UAB is delighted to appoint Faisal who comes with a wealth of experience. We are confident that Faisal’s expertise will add significant value to the bank and further strengthen UAB’s Emiratisation drive.”
Al Najjar said: "I am excited about the opportunity and to be part of the UAB Retail family which is one of the most dynamic in the country. As a local bank, UAB is uniquely positioned to meet the individual requirements of its customers with its innovative products and customized service.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch