NBAD appoints new Kuwait manager
Abu Dhabi, May 13, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed May Al Mudhaf as its new regional manager in Kuwait.
Al Mudhaf is an experienced banker with a wealth of knowledge and industry contacts gained from her three decades of banking experience, a statement from the bank said.
“She is a talented and skilled banker with profound knowledge of the Kuwait market. NBAD will benefit greatly from her experience and the renewed energy that she brings to the bank,” said Qamber Ali Al Mulla, senior general manager of international banking division of NBAD.
Al Mudhaf has worked for a number of financial institutions during her career, including Commercial Bank of Kuwait, Gulf Bank, and Burgan Bank.
“Al Mudhaf is particularly experienced in trade finance, treasury and investment, financial institutions and private banking services; all areas that offer NBAD-Kuwait great potentials for growth in Kuwait,” Al Mulla said.
NBAD-Kuwait, launched in 2006, offers specialised services for high net worth individuals; it serves prime Kuwaiti corporations and multinationals, and facilitates UAE interest in Kuwait and vice versa.
“NBAD-Kuwait is poised for greater growth, particularly in acquiring Kuwait clients and the bank will also expand its services in the inter-GCC and global trade,” said Al Mudhaf.
Al Mudhaf is a member of Kuwait Economic Society, Kuwait Graduate Society, and Arab Bankers Association of North America.
“We welcome Al Mudhaf aboard and feel confident that she will be an asset to NBAD’s international ambitions,” Al Mulla concluded.
NBAD has a strategy to expand to 41 countries by 2021. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF