ABC Islamic posts $6m net profit in H1
Manama, July 29, 2013
ABC Islamic Bank has posted a net profit of $6 million for the first half of the year, 49 per cent higher than that of the same period in 2012.
Total operating income increased to $8.3 million, compared to $7.4 million for the first half of last year. Operating expenses decreased to $2.2 million, compared to $2.7 million for the same period of last year.
Net profit for the second quarter was $2.8 million, compared to $3.2 million in the first quarter, but a 13 per cent increase over the same period last year.
Shareholders’ equity as on June 30 stood at $242.2 million, compared to $236 million at end of 2012.
The bank’s total assets stood at $1.173 billion at the end of the half year, compared to $1.067 billion at 2012 year-end.
Naveed Khan, managing director, said: “The financial results for the first half of the year are comforting. The growth in operating income has come about from a gradual build-up in our asset portfolio, accompanied by a healthy increase in fee and commission income."
"Efficiency improvements have also resulted in lowering operating expenses. We look forward to continue this positive trend for the remainder of the year,” Khan added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3