NBAD appoints new head of commercial banking
Abu Dhabi, August 28, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Nilanjan Ray as the head of Commercial Banking - Gulf.
Ray will manage NBAD’s extensive banking products and services offered to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) and commercial clients through commercial banking hubs and select branches, said a statement.
He has over 15 years of banking experience, especially in the commercial banking space. Ray joined NBAD from Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) where he was the head of the business banking division. Prior to ADCB, Ray worked for ICICI Bank in Bahrain and India, HDFC Bank and IDBI Bank in India.
“Ray is an accomplished and well-regarded banker whose profile includes strong financial accomplishments, product innovation and devising and implementing strategies that strengthen SME and commercial banking,” said Abdulla Bin Khalaf Al Otaiba, senior general manager of Retail and Commercial – Gulf.
“We are confident in his ability to make NBAD the bank of choice for all SMEs and commercial clients in the country and across wider NBAD footprint in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC),” said Otaiba. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson