Bahrain’s $923m govt bonds oversubscribed
Manama, September 11, 2013
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) has announced that the issue of the 7.5-year government development bonds worth BD350 million ($923 million) has been oversubscribed by 125 per cent.
Subscriptions worth BD438 million ($1.15 billion) were received for the issue, the bank said.
The expected interest rate on the issue, which begins on 12 September 2013 and matures on 12 March 2021, is 5.50 per cent.
The Government Development Bond are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records