AT&T extends network solutions to Swift
Dubai, September 16, 2013
US-based telecom operator AT&T has extended its network connectivity solutions to the Swift community, a provider of secure financial messaging services, in the Middle East.
AT&T's IP virtual private network services already connect many of Swift’s global customers to its services in other regions worldwide.
"Our agreement with AT&T ensures that we will be able to better serve our customers in the region by providing alternative ways to connect to Swift and greater resiliency of the technical infrastructure,” said Sido Bestani, head of Swift-Mena.
“This is important to SWIFT because the region's banks, financial institutions and corporates are growing and business continuity remains a primary focus," said Bestani.
Dubai is AT&T's regional hub for the Middle East and Africa. It provides multinational companies operating in the region with access to an advanced portfolio of IP virtual private networking services as well as hosting, security and worldwide connectivity.
The operator is currently showcasing its solutions at SIBOS, Dubai which runs till September 19. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity