New firm to invest $2.6bn in Bahrain
Manama, March 9, 2008
Manara Developments, a new Bahrain-based real estate development company, has unveiled plans to develop some major projects in Bahrain.
Company officials said at a launch press conference, at Ritz-Carlton Hotel Bahrain, that it is targeting about eight to ten projects in the kingdom. The total investments could go up to $2.6 billion, they said.
The company is formed by a consortium of regional investors who are determined to bring a fresh perspective and a people centric approach to real estate business, said chairman Yousif Taqi. Al Salam Bank is one of the investors in the company.
Manara Developments aims to deliver projects that are sensitive to the surroundings and planned carefully to leave a positive imprint on the community, said kareem Shamma, CEO.
Built on a deep rooted sense of social responsibility, Manara Developments is guided by an `All Considered' philosophy which translates into conscientious development with the best interests of the community in mind, he said.
The company will strive to deploy, as far as possible, local resources as well as the most efficient design, construction and environmental technologies to help deliver socially aware projects synonymous with quality, sustainability, value for money and on time delivery, he said.
Shamma said the company will focus on the kingdom in the short-term and later will expand regionally.
He said more details about the projects under consideration will be announced later. The projects will cover residential, commercial, mixed-use and light industrial units, he said.
The company will raise funds through the issue of Sukuks, said Yusuf Ali Murta, chief finance officer. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman