Ali Bin Towaih elected EGBC chairman
Dubai, August 25, 2008
The Emirates Green Building Council (EGBC), the representative body of the green building industry in UAE, has unanimously elected Engineer Ali bin Towaih as its new chairman.
He takes over from Dr Sadek Owainati.
'EGBC must continue to foster collaboration among all sectors of the construction industry, the government and other institutions if it is to successfully transform the UAE built-environment into a green building model that serves as a benchmark for the rest of the region,” said bin Towaih.
Bin Towaih is working on several renewable energy and green building projects for TECOM Investments, apart from managing its Sustainable Development Policy that aims to optimise energy management and green building certification across all its business parks.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products