Ali Bin Towaih elected EGBC chairman
Dubai, August 25, 2008
The Emirates Green Building Council (EGBC), the representative body of the green building industry in UAE, has unanimously elected Engineer Ali bin Towaih as its new chairman.
He takes over from Dr Sadek Owainati.
'EGBC must continue to foster collaboration among all sectors of the construction industry, the government and other institutions if it is to successfully transform the UAE built-environment into a green building model that serves as a benchmark for the rest of the region,” said bin Towaih.
Bin Towaih is working on several renewable energy and green building projects for TECOM Investments, apart from managing its Sustainable Development Policy that aims to optimise energy management and green building certification across all its business parks.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower