Qatar signs railway deal with Deutsche Bahn
Dubai, August 27, 2008
Qatar's real estate investment arm said on Wednesday it had signed an initial deal with German railways Deutsche Bahn to plan a multi-billion dollar rail project in the Gulf Arab state.
The partners would develop the conceptual design for integrating Qatar's planned railways into a comprehensive national railway system, Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company said in a statement.
Qatar Diar is a unit of sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority. Qatar is the world's biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation