Qatar signs railway deal with Deutsche Bahn
Dubai, August 27, 2008
Qatar's real estate investment arm said on Wednesday it had signed an initial deal with German railways Deutsche Bahn to plan a multi-billion dollar rail project in the Gulf Arab state.
The partners would develop the conceptual design for integrating Qatar's planned railways into a comprehensive national railway system, Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company said in a statement.
Qatar Diar is a unit of sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority. Qatar is the world's biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Carillion Alawi wins $201m Oman contract
- Aldar awards $1.1bn contract to Arabtec venture