CPC wins key award
Riyadh, May 31, 2009
Construction Products Holding Company (CPC) has been recognised as 'The Fastest Growing Company in Saudi Arabia 2009' by a leading business publication.
Walid Alakawi, chief executive director of ITP Publishing House, said that the Award Committee of the Saudi Business Sector Awards 2009 selected CPC in recognition of the great role it played in advancing economic development in Saudi Arabia.
'This award validates the business approach we adopted at the onset – to be the leading central supplier of manufacturing and construction related materials not only in Saudi Arabia but in the rest of the Arab world,' said Dr Faysal Alaquil, director of Business Development and official spokesperson for CPC.
In 2005, CPC started with seven companies, then with the implementation of its business plans, and the emergence of strong indications of success, the company expanded its activities to neighbouring markets namely, Damascus, Cairo and Abu Dhabi.
Currently, CPC owns 15 companies; including 14 factories specialised in construction materials and a transportation and logistics services company.
CPC has identified a number of other key markets where it hopes to construct industrial zones complexes in several Arab and international cities that exhibit strong demand for construction and manufacturing materials and related services.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show