Al Marjan set for Phase 2 infrastructure work
Ras Al Khaimah, July 2, 2009
Rakeen, a leading property developer in the region, plans to commence the Phase 2 of the infrastructure work on Al Marjan Island, a man-made island in Ras Al Khaimah, in August.
A contract for the work has been awarded to Rizzani.
Rakeen said Phase 2 infrastructural work, which will be completed in 18 months, will cover Island 3 and Island 4 of Al Marjan and will cost Dh365 million ($100 million) .
The infrastructure work will cover facilities for electricity, water, drainage, telecommunications, soft and hard landscaping, channel crossings, street lighting and fire fighting installations.
Phase One of the infrastructure work, which covers the Peninsula, Island 1 and Island 2, was started in July 2008 and is expected to be completed in June 2010 at a cost of Dh366 million.
Dr Fawzi Shadid, infrastructure manager, Rakeen, said: "It is our top priority to fast-track the completion of infrastructure work as various projects that are being built on Al Marjan are dependant on the infrastructure facilities. With Phase One of the infrastructure work progressing well on schedule, we are now fully prepared to commence work on the second phase after we identified the contractor for the job. We have thoroughly reviewed all aspects of the infrastructure work to ensure that all elements comply with our strict quality standards, particularly with regards to sustainability and minimal environmental impact. Rakeen has addressed all relevant construction issues to ensure that Al Marjan Island will be a true lifestyle haven for citizens and residents of Ras Al Khaimah."
Al Marjan Island is a pioneering project that effectively extends the emirate's coastline by an additional 21 km.
Reaching some 4.5 km into the sea, Al Marjan Island will feature a range of residential developments, hotels, resorts, recreational facilities and commercial and retail amenities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract