Al Dur project on track
Manama, August 20, 2009
Bahrain's Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa visited the BD756 million ($2 billion) Al Dur water and power project which is on track for the first phase to be completed next year.
The Deputy Premier inspected the project, which is expected to provide 400 megawatts of power after the completion of the first phase next year.
The plant will produce 1,234 megawatts on completion of the second phase in 2011 in addition to 48 millions gallons of water per day.
The capacity is expected to jump to 4,000 megawatts and 100 million water gallons by the completion of the project's fourth and final phase, he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- UDC unit to showcase at Cityscape Qatar
- Bahrain mulls disabled-friendly buildings
- Damac launches waterfront luxury project
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract