Al Dur project on track
Manama, August 20, 2009
Bahrain's Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa visited the BD756 million ($2 billion) Al Dur water and power project which is on track for the first phase to be completed next year.
The Deputy Premier inspected the project, which is expected to provide 400 megawatts of power after the completion of the first phase next year.
The plant will produce 1,234 megawatts on completion of the second phase in 2011 in addition to 48 millions gallons of water per day.
The capacity is expected to jump to 4,000 megawatts and 100 million water gallons by the completion of the project's fourth and final phase, he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing