Besix-Samsung JV in $1.29bn Abu Dhabi deal
Cairo, March 14, 2010
Top Belgian construction group Besix said its subsidiary Six Construct, in a joint venture with Samsung, has signed a 940 million euro ($1.29 billion) contract to develop a land mark hospital project for Mubadala, an Abu Dhabi government company.
The Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic, to be located on Sowwah Island, will bring high-quality medical service to its patients in an environment equipped with state-of-the-art amenities, said Mubadala. The agreement with Cleveland Clinic was signed in September 2006.
A conglomerate of companies active in the construction, engineering, environmental and real estate sectors, Besix said Six Construct's share in the contract is 60 per cent or $780 million.
Six Construct and Samsung have respectively worked on world-class projects including Ferrari World on Yas Island and ADIA headquarters on the Abu Dhabi Corniche, the Belgian group said in a statement.
The Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic, which boasts of 200 000 sq m parking area and 375 top of the range medical rooms ncluding exclusive Royal Suites and all associated administrative areas, will be Middle East's landmark hospital.
The turnkey project of 400 000 sq m is due for completion in March 2013, Besix added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings