Nass declares 20pc cash dividend
Manama, March 17, 2010
Nass Corporation shareholders will get a cash dividend of 20 per cent for last year.
The announcement was made during the company's annual ordinary general meeting held at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel yesterday.
The company will pay 20 per cent cash dividend on paid-up capital amounting to BD4.302 million ($11.4 million) on its 215.077 million shares (excludes treasury shares of 4.923 million), said the company's deputy chairman and managing director Sameer Abdulla Nass.
He said that the company achieved a gross turnover of BD113.060 million last year (BD121.515 million for 2008), on which it earned a net profit of BD13.746 million (BD13.031 million for 2008).
The net profit has risen by 5 per cent compared to 2008.
The earnings per share increased from 60 fils to 64 fils per share of 100 fils each.
He added that despite adverse market conditions experienced during last year by the overall economy in particular and construction sector in particular, the company's impressive performance is a reflection of company's strong fundamentals and leadership in the sector.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project