Bahrain National Theatre to be ready next year
Manama, February 3, 2011
Bahrain’s National Theatre project, a cultural landmark in the Kingdom, is expected to be completed by the middle of next year.
Minister of Works Essam Khalaf and Culture and Information Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa today visited the National Theatre site.
During the visit, Khalaf explained that the BD15 million ($39.78 million) project will be an integrated cultural centre, to be located north of Bahrain National Museum Lake and cover an area of 11,869 sq m.
‘The National Theatre is expected to attract a great deal of attention and encouragement and support from all top officials in the Kingdom, and will form the foundation for the upcoming celebration of Bahrain as the Arab Cultural Capital in 2011 and also as the Capital of Tourism in 2013,’ said Shaikha Mai. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property