$50m National Theatre project on track
Manama, July 24, 2011
Bahrain’s Works and Culture ministers recently visited the BD19.1 million ($50.66 million) National Theatre project, work on which started in July last year and is expected to complete within a two-year timeline.
Minister of Culture Shaikha Mai bint Mohamad Al Khalifa explained that the launch of this unique landmark will take place in a big celebration in Manama; the Capital of Culture in 2012, reiterating the fact that the National Theatre is one of the huge projects attracting much attention and encouragement from officials in the kingdom.
“The project would not have seen the light if it had not been for the generous support extended to us by His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. Playwrights have always waited for a similar opportunity to stimulate creativity and allow more achievements to take place in the kingdom,” she said.
Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf said that the National Theatre will stand as a fully equipped cultural centre for the theatrical movement and activity in the kingdom.
Following internationally adopted theatre designs, the National Theatre will be located north of Bahrain Museum Lake, stretching over an area of 11869 sq m; providing the chance for local and international art and cultural events to take place.
Urban design works have been assigned to French Company Architecture Studio, while W S Atkins and Partners Overseas will supervise the project. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar unveils luxury homes in ‘BLVD Crescent’
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts