IQPC launches World Stadium Awards
Doha, January 26, 2012
IQPC, a global provider of conferences and large scale events, has launched the World Stadium Awards to recognise innovations and developments in sporting venue design.
The premier World Stadium Awards will be held in Doha on June 4 at the Sheraton Hotel, as part of the World Stadium Congress to be hosted in Doha from June 3 to 7.
The World Stadium Awards presents awards in the following areas that recognise professionals and projects that have made outstanding achievements in the stadium design and delivery industry:
• The best integrated stadium masterplan
• Engineering excellence in stadium development
• Most sustainable stadium design concept
• The most innovative use of technology in stadium design
• The world’s most iconic and culturally significant stadium
• The best multifunctional stadium design
The awards programme is now open for entries, with the initial submission deadline set for March 18.
“The winning submission will not necessarily be about the largest stadium and linked to a mega event but could be about a challenging site and stadium development on a smaller scale. It will be of value to know why it is special and maybe unique for the circumstances,” said head judge for the awards, Eugene Van Vuuren, former technical advisor for the FIFA 2010 South Africa World Cup. – TradeArabia News Service