Tameer completes 'tallest residential tower'
Dubai, February 1, 2012
Leading UAE developer Tameer said it has completed the dome and mast of its landmark Princess Tower, making it the world’s tallest residential tower at a final height of 414 meters.
Occupying a land area of 37,410 sq ft, Princess Tower houses 763 luxury apartments, including one, two, three and four-bedroom apartments in addition to penthouse apartments overlooking Palm Jumeirah, one of the most glittering urban landscapes in the Middle East, said a statement from Tameer.
The project is in its final stages of development and expected to be handed over in the second quarter of this year, it added.
Commenting on the completion of the dome and mast structure, Federico Tauber, the Tameer president said, 'In a city of skyscrapers it is still an extremely satisfying feeling to have completed yet another record-breaking project.'
'Princess Tower is now the tallest residential building in the entire world and its excellent location, distinctive presence and iconic status as a residential super-high rise makes it a very prestigious and sought-after address to live in,' remarked Tauber.
'The giant Dubai Marina development stands at a dizzying 107 storey tall and encompasses basement floors, one ground floor and 100 above-ground levels,' he added.
The gaint tower boasts of sports and recreational facilities including outdoor and indoor swimming pools, car parking, eight commercial retail outlets, billiard and table tennis rooms, children’s play areas in addition to fully equipped gymnasiums.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects