KHC to buy key Saudi project for $115m
Riyadh, March 28, 2012
Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), the investment firm chaired by Saudi Prince Alwaleed, has won approval from shareholders to buy 'Kingdom Oasis,'a 3.8 million sq m residential development in Riyadh for SR431 million ($115 million).
The mammoth project, which will be offering unparalleled living community experience in Riyadh, is part of the 'Kingdom Riyadh Land' real estate project which is fully owned by Prince Alwaleed.
Announcing this at the company AGM, Prince Alwaleed said the Kingdom Holding has also decided to distribute SR550.3 million quarterly dividends for 2011.
The meeting was attended by the KHC board comprising Talal Almaiman, executive director for development and domestic investments, Ahmed Halawani, executive director for Private Equity, International Investments, Sarmad Zok, the executive director of Hotel Investments, Dr Khaled Al-Saheem and Taher Agueel and Rasha Elhoshan.
Moreover, Saleh Al Sagri’s proxy was provided to the chairman of KHC, said the KHC in a statement.
At the meeting, the board also won approval from investors for the issuance of sukuk (Islamic bonds) either in one part or several parts through the issuance of one or a series of versions under the programs that the company will initiate at those times and the amounts and conditions determined by the board without the need to return to the AGM with a 100 per cent vote.
Commenting on the results, Prince Alwaleed said, “Kingdom Holding enters the year 2012 with strength & will continue its dividends distributions.”
The meeting was also attended by Shadi Sanbar, KHC CFO, Nada Al Sugair, executive director Finance and Administration, Heba Fatani, senior executive manager, corporate communications department (CCD), Dr Nahla Alanbar, private executive assistant to the chairman, Intisar Al-Yamani, executive manager, CCD, together with representatives from ministry of commerce and capital market authority (CMA).-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract