Bahrain’s construction sector ‘recovering’
Manama, June 25, 2012
The construction industry in Bahrain is shaping up after a period of unrest that also affected the real estate sector, said top officials from a major construction company in the kingdom.
Concrete efforts from the government addressing affordable housing and the push towards building social infrastructure amenities such as healthcare and educational facilities sees the construction sector pull back onto the recovery track, according to officials from the Nass Group.
Nass International Trading (NIT), a division of Nass Group and the authorised dealer for Hyundai elevators, has announced plans of capitalising on the reviving construction sector through a range of products and services that will assist in the enhancement of several construction projects.
'In the first quarter of 2012 alone, we have been successful in acquiring a considerable number of contracts for 37 elevators that have been customised to suit specialised needs,' said NIT executive manager Mohamed Hasona.
One of the first projects undertaken this year was the installation of a Hyundai passenger elevator at the newly renovated Shaikh Salman Health Centre in Muharraq.
Another purchase order for two Hyundai luxury passenger elevators for Burj Abdulla project in Hoora will be tested and commissioned by August.
As part of their recent deals, NIT has also undertaken the delivery and installation of a passenger elevator to be utilised at the King Khalid Mosque in Umm Al Hassam where the contracting works is being done by Al Dhahrani Contracting Company.
The installation and handing over is due to be completed by October.
Another receipt of a purchase order by the Housing Ministry for 16 elevators is to be installed in their new residential projects in Salmabad and Juffair.
'As the economy picks pace, the construction sector of Bahrain sees a positive change in progress and expansion,' Hasona said.
'Along with other similar establishments involved in infrastructure development and support, we at Nass look forward to contribute in fulfilling the essential and significant requirements of the construction sector in the kingdom in the best possible means.'
NIT is the authorised dealer for Hyundai Elevator in Bahrain engaged in the trade, installation and servicing of moving systems. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings