New plan to slash homes waiting list
Manama, October 15, 2012
Bahraini citizens on the waiting list for homes could soon buy housing units from the private sector.
Protiviti Risk and Business Consulting Internal Audit yesterday gave a presentation on a pilot programme, in co-operation with the Finance and Housing ministries.
Deputy Premier and head of the ministerial committee for services and infrastructure Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa attended it at Gudaibiya Palace.
The scheme aims to slash the waiting ordeal and meet the needs of 3,000 applicants.
If endorsed, eligible applicants will have the possibility of purchasing homes from the private sector through local bank loans. The government will shoulder part of the cost to support citizens.
Shaikh Khalid urged a legal framework to ensure the rights of all parties and a media campaign to brief citizens on alternatives.
The scheme will be first implemented through the Eskan Bank on an experimental basis. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Top London property draws ME investors
- Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles