Bahrain building 30,000 homes for citizens
Manama, January 23, 2013
Bahrains to build and hand over more than 30,000 government homes to citizens over the next five years, a senior government official said.
A total of 51,000 applicants were still on waiting lists, Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer was quoted as saying by our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
He added that the ministry was going to solve the problem once and for all.
"The numbers clustered since 1999 due to budget problems and 55pc of the applications were submitted less than five years ago, while 45 per cent are old," he told MPs as he appeared in parliament.
"We are planning to give out 33,500 homes across Bahrain within the next five years as work goes on in East Hidd for 4,500 homes, 5,000 homes in Sitra, 15,000 at the Northern Town and 11,000 homes in other projects across the kingdom.
"Currently, there are plans for 4,000 homes in the Southern Governorate, 1,800 homes in the whole of Buhair, 3,200 in Salmabad and 830 in Louzy, near Hamad Town,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed