Bab Al Bahrain revamp project gets underway
Manama, June 3, 2013
The Bahrain Ministry of Works has started work on the BD178,558 ($461,593) Bab Al Bahrain Avenue re-construction project which involves the revamp of 796m long avenue extending from Sheikh Abdulla Avenue to Isa Al Kabeer Avenue.
The ministry awarded the contract to Mohsin Haji Ali Group, which expects to finish the project in the next 20 weeks.
‘The project is part of the Ministry’s programs and plans to develop the roads network and keep in pace with the economic and urban boom in Bahrain,’ said Raed Al Salah, the ministry's roads projects & maintenance director.
"By reconstructing old and deteriorated roads, we seek to alleviate traffic congestions, increase roads’ capacity and safety levels," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing