Saudi Binladin Group wins $3.5bn contract
Dubai, July 3, 2013
Saudi Binladin Group has won a major contract worth $3.5 billion to build 12 towers for a mixed use development project in Makkah, said a report.
The Abraj Kudai Mixed-Use Development will come up on a 64,000 sq m plot at Manafia area in Central Makkah.
The towers, which are in the range of 30-45 storeys, will be built on top of a large podium and basement floors, the report said.
Two 45-storey towers will be built at the centre of the development and will have a single dome structure topping both buildings. The other 10 towers will be 30-storeys high and will be built around two central buildings.
Altogether the towers will have 10,150 residential units and hotel rooms, the report added.
The podium will boast of a bus station, shopping mall, restaurants, food courts, a conference centre and car parks. Total built-up area of the development is 1.5 million sq m.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum