Dubai’s $195m bridges project on track
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Construction at the Dh719 million ($195.7 million) Trade Center Bridges Project in Dubai has reached 90 per cent completion and the project is expected to open in the second half of November, said a top official.
Mattar Al Tayer, chairman of the board and executive director of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), made the remarks following a tour to the project site where he was briefed by engineers about the work progress in the project.
The project encompasses the construction of 22 bridges of precast concrete units forming a corridor spanning 4,250 meters comprising two lanes in each direction together with a concrete ramp extending 120 meters added to serve the traffic outbound to Al Maktoum Bridge.
Al Tayer inspected the project components where construction works have been completed in most interchanges with main roads such as Sheikh Zayed Road, Sheikh Rashid Road, and Zabeel 2 Road.
Al Tayer directed to assess the level of traffic safety in the bridge before being opened, particularly in the approaches of the World Trade Center, and erect cautionary signage for motorists to reduce speed well before vehicles start descending from the bridge. He also directed to study placing directive signs in the approach to the bridge to help motorists identify their destinations properly.
"The Trade Center Bridges Project is by far the largest phase of the Parallel Roads Project; which is one of the massive road projects undertaken by the RTA aimed at linking the Western Parallel Road with the Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Road and Street 312 passing by the World Trade Center,” Al Tayer said.
“The project also serves the traffic in the opposite direction of Street 312 passing by the Trade Center heading towards Al Maktoum and Al Garhoud Bridges as well as the Dubai–Al Ain Road. It also includes improving the signalized junctions at the intersection of the Trade Center in addition to infrastructure and lighting works.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract