Deyaar Q2 net profit rises 47pc
Dubai, August 4, 2013
Dubai property developer Deyaar on Sunday reported a 47 percent rise in second-quarter net profit as it gained from lower costs and fair-value adjustments of prices for its investment properties.
Deyaar, one of the companies worst hit by Dubai's real estate market collapse in 2009-2010, posted a consolidated net profit of 27.3 million dirhams ($7.4 million) compared with 18.6 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2012.
One analyst at SICO Bahrain had forecast a second-quarter profit of 6 million dirhams.
Revenue for the quarter dropped to 93.6 million dirhams from 143.5 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
The developer made a gain of 36.6 million dirhams in the quarter from fair-value adjustments for its investment properties. Direct costs for the quarter fell to 2.2 million dirhams from 82.9 million dirhams.
Property firms in Dubai began recovering last year after prices dropped by over 50 percent over several years from their peak in 2008. In July, Dubai's largest developer Emaar Properties reported a 10 percent rise in second-quarter net profit. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals