Aldar Properties nearly doubles Q3 profit
Abu Dhabi, November 7, 2013
Aldar Properties, Abu Dhabi's biggest property developer, reported a 98 percent rise in third-quarter net profit on Thursday, beating analysts' estimates, as it cut costs and write-downs.
The builder of Abu Dhabi's Formula One race track made a profit of 407.5 million dirhams ($111.0 million) compared with 205.7 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2012, the company said in a statement on Abu Dhabi's bourse.
Four analysts polled by Reuters had forecast a net profit of 241.3 million dirhams on average.
Aldar said in a separate statement that its board was considering refinancing existing debt through loans or sukuk.
Sources familiar with the matter had earlier told Reuters that Aldar was talking to banks about raising a bridge loan of up to $1.5 billion with an option to convert it later into a bond.
Aldar and former rival Sorouh Real Estate merged operations in June as part of a state-backed deal, forming Abu Dhabi's largest property firm with assets of $13 billion. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract