GEMS chairman receives top award
Dubai, September 1, 2008
Sunny Varkey, chairman of Dubai-based GEMS Education, was honoured with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Award for his contribution to the development of quality education.
Varkey received the award at the 11th Annual Rajiv Gandhi Awards ceremony held in Mumbai, India recently. The annual award is given in memory of the late Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India and a visionary leader who was instrumental in promoting modern technology, science and education in India.
GEMS Education, under the stewardship of Varkey, has grown to become the leading provider of private education in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia. Currently the education group manages nearly 100 high quality schools providing education in a variety of curricula in different parts of the world.
“Three generations of my family have been involved in providing quality education to students in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and the US over the last 50 years. The Rajiv Gandhi Award is a great recognition for our efforts, heritage and mission to make GEMS further renowned all over the world,” Varkey said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme