Candidates arrive for Ibda’a Awards gala
Dubai, November 25, 2008
The 42 short-listed candidates have arrived in Dubai from over eight countries to join the UAE-based finalists for the Ibda’a Media Student Awards 2008 gala ceremony.
The event is being organised on November 27 by the Dubai Media City (DMC), a member of Tecom Investments.
The short-listed entrants from Egypt, India, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa, will now vie for the esteemed titles in 10 categories at the finale, according to a company spokesman.
The categories include animation, analogue photography, digital photography, film/TV feature, graphic design, journalism, print advertising, TV advertising, TV documentary, and radio.
Winners will receive prestigious prizes including internships with leading global media brands such as CNN, Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Xische Studios, Team Young & Rubicam, Motivate Publishing, Nikon, Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi, CNBC and MBC.
This year, Ibda’a Awards received more than 2,200 entries from 25 countries including new entrants from Brazil, Poland, Sri Lanka and Sudan.
Since its launch in June 2001 to discover, showcase and foster young media talent, the Ibda'a Media Student Awards have to date been presented to 57 winners.
The initiative is organised annually by Dubai Media City in partnership with the International Advertising Association – UAE Chapter (IAA - UAE) and presenting sponsor Ziad Galadari Group. Ibda’a Awards 2008 is co-sponsored by AW Rostamani, DMI, Emirates NBD Bank, and OMD.- TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university