30 firms take part in NYIT's 5th job fair
Amman, November 24, 2009
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) organised its 5th job fair, in which around 30 companies in various sectors, including, food manufacturing, services, banking, construction, education and IT, participated.
The five-year-old fair is designed to help NYIT’s graduates from the bachelor and Masters levels to find the right job.
Hundreds of students from the university’s diversified programs and peers from other universities in Jordan flocked to the various pavilions of the participating companies to get acquainted with the available jobs and the credentials and skills required to take them.
The organisers said NYIT places employment as a top priority and relies on such fairs to provide students with the opportunity to get jobs with local and international firms. Besides, the event, they said, is a perfect venue for networking among the participating Jordanian organisations and their Arab counterpart, so that they can exchange expertise and cooperate in a way that serves economy.
It is worth a note that the last edition of the job fair secured 100 jobs for graduates of different programs.
NYIT, a non-profit university, has had a presence in Jordan since 2001 under an academic agreement with the Jordan University of Science and Technology.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry