BUiD opens new campus in DIAC
Dubai, March 4, 2010
The British University in Dubai (BUiD), the Middle East’s leading research-based postgraduate university, opened its new campus in Dubai International Academic City (Diac) recently.
BUiD’s move from Knowledge Village to Diac is in line with Dubai’s strategy to operate as the Emirates intellectual hub and part of the university’s plans to upgrade and expand its facilities to accommodate a larger and stronger academic community of students, staff and key strategic, professional associates.
“At our new campus, we are able to expand our facilities and offering for our students and staff, making BUiD a truly local university of international standard,” said Professor Abdullah Alshamsi, vice-chancellor of BUiD.
BUiD’s new campus features an extended library, increased classroom capacity, more open-access space and staff offices.
Dr Ayoub Kazim, executive director of Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV) and Diac, said: “We are honoured to partner with the British University in Dubai. Its presence in our academic cluster contributes to the increasing importance of Dubai as a hub for higher education.”
In addition, being based in Diac will allow BUiD students travelling from all Emirates to take advantage of BUiD’s new location.
Located in phase three at Diac, BUiD has applied environmentally-friendly initiatives at its new location. Provided to BUiD as core and shell, the University was able to fit the interior with its sustainable designs for lighting, cooling, partitioning and flooring. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'