BUiD offers Master’s in building design
Dubai, June 17, 2010
The British University in Dubai (BUiD), a major research-based postgraduate university, has launched a new Master’s degree building design and automation.
The MSc in intelligent building design and automation (IBDAA) programme is offered in association with UK’s Cardiff University and the University of Manchester.
It aims to educate practicing architects/building physicists in the theory and application of the design of sustainable built environments and automated control systems for energy efficiency.
The programme was launched during the 2010 graduation ceremony held for 79 postgraduate students.
“We have seen yet another successful batch of professionals complete vital post-graduate studies,” said Professor Abdulla Alshamsi, vice-chancellor, BUiD.
“In addition, we have reached goals and achieved great success this year by expanding our educational portfolio to meet demand and needs across industry sectors in the UAE.”
“With our new IBDAA programme, we can continue to breed industry leaders within the intelligent construction and design arena,” added Alshamsi.
The programme will focus on the construction of building infrastructure which incorporates the controls and automation to ensure efficient long-term use of energy during construction and throughout the working life of the building.
The course will also provide students with a thorough understanding of specific tools and techniques in intelligent building design and automation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history