Japan scholarships offer for Bahrainis
Manama, May 31, 2011
The Japanese Embassy is inviting Bahraini students who wish to study at Japanese universities, to apply for MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Scholarship for 2012.
The Japanese government scholarship programme was established in 1954 to increase mutual understanding between the people of Japan and other countries as well as to make an intellectual contribution.
Scholarship benefits include air fares between Japan and Bahrain, tuition fees and a monthly allowance.
The scholarship is tenable for five years from April 2012 to March 2017 (including one-year for studying the Japanese language), applicants must submit all requested documents to the embassy or the Education Ministry.
The embassy conducts a primary screening of candidates by means of submitted application documents, written examination and interviews.
The Japanese government conducts a secondary screening based on the results of the primary screening.
The programme has benefited more than 79,000 participants from over 160 countries until the end of May 2009.
More than 20 Bahraini students have been given opportunities to study at Japanese universities, in co-operation with the Education Ministry since 1994.
Currently, eight Bahraini students are studying in Japan.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event