BUiD to launch postgraduate diplomas
Dubai, June 21, 2011
The British University in Dubai (BUiD), a leading research-based university, will be launching post graduate diplomas and certificates for the September 2011 intake.
The new diplomas and certificates are for their business, engineering & IT and education programmes and will be announced at BUiD’s Open Days that are being held in Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman.
The Dubai Open days will be held on June 22, June 28 at BUiD auditorium in Dubai International Academic City.
Sharjah Open day will be held on June 25 at Radisson Blu hotel and Ajman Open Day is to be held on June 27 at Ajman Chamber of Commerce. Open days will start from 2 pm and finish by 9 pm.
“BUiD’s post-graduate diplomas and certificates awards provide students, who are looking for short term accredited academic and professional development options without the substantial demand of the Masters dissertation,” says Prof Abdullah Alshamsi, vice-chancellor of BUiD.
“BUiD’s links with its leading UK associated universities such as Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh and King’s College London; enhance the quality of the accredited professional development programmes we offer at the University” he added.
Martin Prince, BUiD’s registrar, said: “BUiD’s Open days are a great opportunity for people to come and meet with Academic staff to explore course details, entry requirements and research interests and also to gauge if the programmes on offer can meet individual’s training needs.”
The deadline for BUiD’s scholarships is August 15, and only students holding confirmed offers to study at BUiD can apply for scholarships, a statement said.
“BUiD offers over 100 scholarships and students who are interested in enrolling at BUiD must apply early for its programmes and be sure to put in their applications for scholarships in time,” added Prince. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam