Bahrain reinstates 564 sacked workers
Manama, July 27, 2011
A total of 564 workers sacked as a consequence of the recent unrest in Bahrain have been reinstated so far, while dismissals of 370 workers had nothing to do with recent incidents, said the kingdom’s Labour Minister.
A total of 244 sacked workers didn't submit any complaints after they found other jobs or made settlements or retired, Jameel Humaidan pointed out.
A committee, in charge of looking into dismissals of workers, has submitted its final report to concerned authorities.
Ministry officials are holding regular meetings with companies' managers to finalise new lists of workers to be reinstated. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry