Seha hires 131 UAE nationals
Abu Dhabi, September 8, 2011
Seha, the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, recently recruited 131 UAE nationals in its health facilities, aiming to employ and train UAE nationals in their home country.
A total of 75 Emiratis are taking part in an internship programme, while another 56 Emiratis who have already completed their internships will enter accredited residency programs for specialist training.
“Seha is building a sustainable, healthcare system where UAE nationals assume a larger role in healthcare delivery and are supported in professional development along the way so they can contribute to healthcare needs in the country,” said Madiha Al Marzouqi, head of recruitment and manpower planning section, Human Resources Department, at Seha.
“Seha’s internship programme helps incubate UAE nationals to the point they become able additions to the healthcare workforce in various specializations.”
“Seha is dedicated to becoming an employer of choice for UAE nationals, and increasing the number of Emiratis in the healthcare sector,” Al Marzouqi added.
Post residency, candidates can either start practicing general medicine or apply for a four year higher education program to specialize in a specific branch of medicine.
Seha also offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate UAE national medical students to deepen the pool of skilled candidates in healthcare. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'