Tamkeen meet highlights initiatives
Manama, April 8, 2012
Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, recently held an open meeting with more than 50 people in a weekly majlis to shed light its various programmes available to Bahrainis and enterprises within the private sector.
Leading the event at MP Abdulhakim Al Shemmari’s majlis, Yousif Ali, director of Customer Engagement & Support at Tamkeen, delivered a presentation on the available programmes such as career progression, talent management, enterprise development support, women empowerment and enterprise financing, among others.
The presentation was followed by a Q&A session where the focus of the discussions revolved around the various Human Capital Development programmes provided by Tamkeen, specifically on the targeted training and recruitment programmes, as well as the numerous enterprise development support programmes.
Al Shemmari said: “Tamkeen’s services aim first and foremost at empowering Bahrainis to improve their income and develop their businesses by way of well-designed programmes, and thus boosting the national economy.”
Al Shemmari further added that Tamkeen has contributed tens of millions of dinars in the form of grants to thousands of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
This support has enabled these enterprises to enhance their technical and administrative competencies, acquire modern equipment and machinery, implement modern accounting and auditing systems, and develop sophisticated marketing strategies, he said.
He further stated that Tamkeen’s programmes are open to all enterprises in Bahrain, provided those enterprises meet the programme criteria which have been put in place to ensure the received grants are utilized for the agreed purpose.
Tamkeen has created nearly 180 programmes available through Tamkeen which enhance the capabilities of Bahrainis and improve the productivity of enterprises.
Fifteen human capital development and 5 enterprise support initiatives are slated for launch in the current year 2012, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools