Gulf Aviation Academy wins EU certification
Manama, September 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Gulf Aviation Academy (GAA) said it has received the European Aviation Safety Agency's approval certificate for its new Airbus A330-200 full flight simulator.
A leading commercial aviation training centre, GAA said the new CAE 7000 series Airbus A330 FFS, its fourth CAE simulator, incorporates a CAE Tropos-6000 200 degree field of view visual system, and represents a hitech simulation of the latest Airbus A330-200 aircraft.
The simulator will be used for initial and recurrent pilot training for Airbus A330 operators in the Mena region and beyond, the company said in a statement.
In his comments, CEO Mahmood AlBalooshi said “GAA is very pleased to add the new A330 full flight simulator to our portfolio of state-of-the-art training facilities and will continue to make significant investments in the latest technology and training devices to fulfil our customers’ aviation training needs in the region.”
"The new simulator is EASA Level “D” certified and is now ready for conducting dry and wet A330 training to Airbus operators in the Mena and wider region. Technical training for the type for engineers and technicians is provided at the Academy as well," AlBalooshi noted.
In addition to the Airbus A330 FFS, GAA has recently taken delivery of a new CAE simfinity airbus maintenance flight training device (MFTD) 2D/3D Trainer, as well as an A320 and EMB190 emergency evacuation trainers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event