5 Qataris join WCMC-Q research program
Doha, March 6, 2013
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar has welcomed five new Qatari interns to its Biomedical Research Training Program for Nationals.
The six-month program is a unique opportunity for Qatari college graduates with an interest in biomedical research to gain hands on experience in world-class research laboratories at WCMC-Q. The aim is to help build the sustainable scientific human capital in the country in line with Qatar National Vision 2030, said a statement.
Dr Khaled Machaca, associate dean for research at WCMC-Q, said the program demonstrates the commitment that the college has to developing human capacity and research opportunities in Qatar.
Dr Machaca said: “The Biomedical Research Training Program for Nationals is now in its third year and we have seen some exceptional young Qatari graduates come through our doors, some of whom are still working with us in the Research Division.
“Part of the mission of Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar is to conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge and to train the next generation of Qatari researchers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry