Tuesday 21 November 2017
 
»
 
»
Story

Employers in Mena ‘backing staff wellness’

DUBAI, December 13, 2015

About two-thirds (66 per cent) of professionals in the Mena region feel that their Human Resources (HR) department effectively promotes employee wellness, according to a new report.

According to 73.4 per cent of polled professionals, in terms of alignment, there is a strong alignment that exist between their company’s overall business vision and that of their HR department, added the research poll entitled ‘The Role of HR in the Middle East and North Africa Workplace’ poll conducted by Bayt.com, a leading job site.

 However, a large portion of the interviewees (26.5 per cent), disagree, stating that, to varying degrees, there is not alignment. Nearly 26.6 per cent of the poll’s respondents rate their company’s overall HR performance as ‘excellent’; in parallel, 43.4 per cent brand their organization’s HR function as ‘average’ or in need of improvements.

When asked which areas their HR department needed to improve the most, 17 per cent of Mena’s jobholders answered ‘recruiting and interviewing’, 5.3 per cent said ‘compensation and promotion’, 18.3 per cent responded with ‘training and development’, 11.5 per cent specified ‘communication with staff’, 1.6 per cent mentioned ‘terminations’, and 11 per cent cited ‘handling complaints and staff problems’. About 35.2 per cent of respondents admitted that enhancements were needed across all areas.

Nearly half (49.8 per cent) of polled professionals claim that their company’s HR department has a clear HR policy to hire and retain national talent – which, today, is considered a high priority across organizations in the Mena region.

Interestingly, 30 per cent of employees say the opposite. When it comes to hiring, 33.1 per cent of Mena professionals state that their HR department is doing a good job of hiring and retaining talent to a great extent, 33.5 per cent to a small extent and 33.5 per cent say they are not. In addition, 45.7 per cent of interviewees say that their company’s HR division is sufficiently breeding and developing leaders. Only 31.7 per cent disagree, and another 22.6 per cent admit that this is taking place but only ‘to a small extent’.

A total of 66 per cent of respondents feel that their HR department is effectively promoting employees wellness. The remaining 34 per cent, however, disagree. One-third of respondents (33.8 per cent) don’t think that their company’s HR division shares enough information with them.

On a positive note, 66.2 per cent share different views and believe that they mostly receive all the data that they need. 50.8 per cent of interviewees say that their HR department does not consistently or ever provide new joiners with company policies and procedures (for example, an employee handbook).

To top it all, 46.1 per cent of professionals think that their company is a good place to work.

“It is no surprise that a company’s HR practises greatly impact employees’ performance, job satisfaction and engagement levels,” said Suhail Masri, VP Sales, Bayt.com. “Today, a jobholder’s workplace behaviour is strongly dictated by the very policies, procedures, and goals that stem from the HR division. According to the survey results, in this regard, although the HR departments are doing well, there is still room for improvement.”

“At Bayt.com, however, we have long made it our mission to work hand-in-hand with HR departments in the region to provide them with innovative, effective solutions designed to increase employee productivity, improve workplace morale, and streamline HR processes and services.

“Our ultimate objective is to bridge the gap between employee and employer by not just assisting companies in recruiting and retaining the very best talent – but also helping them build the cornerstones of a successful organizational and corporate culture.

“Our HR-services portfolio has evolved over the years to include the full repertoire of employer offerings including basic, assisted and verified recruitment at all career levels; nationalisation and diversification advisory; company profiles; specialized research including salaries benchmarking; Talentera, an A-to-Z applicant tracking solution; virtual career fairs and more. Our HR services are tailored to specific company needs across the recruitment cycle continuum,” Masri added. – TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Bayt.com | Human Resources | HR |

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads