160 firms to take part in Vision-X Dubai 2008
Dubai:, January 21, 2008
More than 160 companies from 27 countries will exhibit their products and services in Vision-X Dubai 2008.
Vision- X Dubai 2008, the region’s premier business platform and conference for the optical and ophthalmic industry, will be held from February 18-20, 2008, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, the organisers said in a statement.
The exhibitors include the debut of an Italian national pavilion, showcasing the latest in Italian products, said Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), which has segmented Vision-X Dubai into two new sub-brands, Vision-Lifestyle and Vision-Opticare.
“The ongoing growth of the eyewear and eye-care markets is enabling greater specialisation on the part of companies supplying the Middle East. To reflect these ongoing market trends, we are creating two distinct sections of the show to create stronger retail business opportunities, in addition to optical healthcare networking and development opportunities,” said DWTC Director General Helal Saeed Al Marri.
The two distinct sub-brands will enable visitors and exhibitors to see the latest innovations that are most relevant to their sector, as well as providing a strong platform for business development.
Vision-Opticare will facilitate the needs of medical and technical professionals in the eye care industry, showcasing the latest in ophthalmic, optometric and technical equipment, instruments and machinery, said the organisers
Vision Lifestyle will cater to the fashion industry featuring branded eyewear as well as unique international designs, they added.
Key industry leaders including Rodenstock, which has renewed its status as Platinum Sponsor of the exhibition, and Nikon will be taking advantage of this new dedicated focus.
“Vision-X Dubai has joined the ranks of world leading optical exhibitions that companies need to have in their diary. It is definitely a great show to develop more sales, increase market share and make new contacts in this fast-developing region,” said Ignatio Torres, sales director for Nikon, Kuwait, which will be exhibiting in 2008.
Other brands being showcased at this year’s event include Giordano, Laura Ashley, Levis, Mau Jim, Porsche Design and Puma Eyewear.
Making its world premiere in 2008 will also be the Vision-X Dubai Fashion Show, a first-of-its-kind showcase of the best in international eyewear. The show will take place within exhibition, with major names including Porsche Eyewear, Davinci, Puma Eyewear, Lacoste, and Spy Optic taking to the stage. This new feature will consolidate Vision Lifestyle as a leader in the trends and tastes.
Running alongside the exhibition will be the 3rd edition of the Vision-X Dubai Conference, which is co-organised by DWTC and the Emirates Medical Association Ophthalmic Society (EMAOS) and provides a strong medical focus for Vision Opticare.
This two-day conference, sponsored by Ciba Vision will take place from February 19-20 and will be the first conference in the Gulf region to cater purely to Optometrists. Renowned speakers from around the world will cover topics such as basic optometry and refraction, clinical optometry, contact lenses and low vision. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- Switch to energy-efficient lighting, UAE urged
- Neuroscience experts meet at Doha forum
- Unrest trauma on rise in Bahrain
- One more dead from SARS virus in Saudi
- Dubai Healthcare City inks deal with UAE universities
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries