Senior orthopedic surgeon joins DBAJ
Dubai, January 8, 2009
Dubai Bone and Joint Center (DBAJ) has appointed Dr Michael J A van Steijn as senior consultant orthopedic surgeon.
Dr Steijn joins DBAJ after working as a senior staff member at the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University Hospital at Maastricht (azM) in the Netherlands for the last 9 years, where he was affiliated to the hemophiliac treatment centre and the department of rheumatology performing over 900 primary and revision total knee replacements besides more than 300 knee reconstructions for sports medicine.
Dr van Steijn specialises in knee surgery (arthroplasty, revision arthroplasty and navigation), sports medicine (trauma, reconstruction, instability and cartilage repair), hand surgery / rheumatoid arthritis and trauma surgery.
Dr van Steijn’s previous work experience in UAE includes working at Mafraq hospital and at Dubai Hospital as a visiting surgeon for knee reconstruction and sports medicine.
The doctor has authored various publications related to orthopedics besides speaking at various conferences and seminars across the globe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Dubai Healthcare City inks deal with UAE universities
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Bahrain's humidity could ease water crisis
- Visibility in Bahrain forecast to improve
- Bahrain-India venture plans hospitals in GCC
- Seha launches new health initiative
- Veolia backs Oman waste management meet
- Obesity rate at 72pc among Saudi adults
- Bahrain ideal for artificial rain experiment
- Riyadh 'among most polluted cities'
- CGM acquires 3 European healthcare IT providers
- The age of genomic medicine dawns, finally
- Over 300 exhibitors for Saudi healthcare event
- Mackeen unveils document management solution
- Seha opens new clinics in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain
- SARS virus claims one more victim in Saudi
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman