Senior orthopedic surgeon joins DBAJ
Dubai, January 8, 2009
Dubai Bone and Joint Center (DBAJ) has appointed Dr Michael J A van Steijn as senior consultant orthopedic surgeon.
Dr Steijn joins DBAJ after working as a senior staff member at the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University Hospital at Maastricht (azM) in the Netherlands for the last 9 years, where he was affiliated to the hemophiliac treatment centre and the department of rheumatology performing over 900 primary and revision total knee replacements besides more than 300 knee reconstructions for sports medicine.
Dr van Steijn specialises in knee surgery (arthroplasty, revision arthroplasty and navigation), sports medicine (trauma, reconstruction, instability and cartilage repair), hand surgery / rheumatoid arthritis and trauma surgery.
Dr van Steijn’s previous work experience in UAE includes working at Mafraq hospital and at Dubai Hospital as a visiting surgeon for knee reconstruction and sports medicine.
The doctor has authored various publications related to orthopedics besides speaking at various conferences and seminars across the globe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs
- UAE experts discuss rare congenital disease
- Wintry storm grips ME, worsens misery of Syrians
- Bapco installs $120m water treatment plant
- $68bn health bill warning for GCC