Aetna names new MEA business head
Dubai, August 30, 2010
Aetna, a leading global diversified health care benefits company, has appointed Stuart Leatherby as managing director, Middle East and Africa (MEA), effective September 1.
Based in Dubai, Leatherby will manage the company’s expatriate business in the MEA region, which operates under the Aetna Global Benefits (AGB) name.
“Stuart’s extensive international health insurance experience will serve us well in our continued efforts to provide world-class benefit solutions and service for our valued customers and members in the Middle East and Africa,” said David Corkum, AGB group managing director.
Leatherby most recently served as head of AGB international market development where he was responsible for directing market expansion activities across new and existing segments and geographies.
“Stuart possesses a unique combination of strong technical expertise and business experience that will be key to cultivating our consultant, broker and customer relationships, as well as market development activities in the region,” said Mark Jardin, current AGB managing director in the Middle East and Africa.
“I have greatly enjoyed my time in the region and look forward to continuing to assist in Aetna’s international expansion and growth upon my return to the US,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs
- UAE experts discuss rare congenital disease
- Wintry storm grips ME, worsens misery of Syrians