Masafi wins eco-friendly recognition
Ras Al Khaimah, February 12, 2012
Masafi, a leading producer of pure natural mineral water, has been awarded the Environmental Performance Certificate (EPC) 2011 by UAE Ministry of Environment and Water for its role in environmental protection and pollution control.
The 100-mark EPC calibrates the companies on their commitment to health, safety and environment policies and Masafi’s nomination for the certificate recognizes its sustained efforts towards the cause.
“We are honoured to receive the EPC and would like to thank the UAE Ministry of Environment and Water for acknowledging our efforts. The EPC reinforces our resolve to continue promoting the cause of environment,” said Nikhil Desai, Category marketing manager at Masafi.
“Working within the scope of initiatives undertaken by the Ministry, we have repeatedly implemented processes and systems, both in packaging and products, to further the cause of sustainability and good corporate governance.”
“As part of our Carbon Action Plan, we have increased the percentage of recycled material used in the packaging of our products, reduced the amount of carbon emissions from our manufacturing unit and thus became a complete environmental-friendly organization,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ooredoo, Messi team up for children’s health
- Elan buys $40m stake in Dubai pharma group
- BA wins top business ethics awards
- MAF Dalkia inks service deal for TDIC project
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Abu Dhabi taps into non-oil sectors for growth
- Bahrain, Saudi hospitals in transplant tie-up
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit