TNT Express names Kuwait official
Dubai, June 5, 2007
TNT Express has appointed Mohannad Khayyat as its country general manager in Kuwait.
Jordanian Khayyat, who has held various senior level sales positions in the industry for over a decade, takes up his new role following two and a half years as Area Sales Manager within the logistics sector in Saudi Arabia.
“Mohannad’s comprehensive understanding of our industry, our customer needs and the region overall means he’s well placed to facilitate and support our future growth expectations,” said Martyn Wright, managing director-Gulf, TNT Express.
TNT Express is the world’s leading B2B express delivery company.
TNT’s plan is to invest in additional facilities in Kuwait to accommodate growth particularly from its Middle East Road Network (MERN).
“Our Middle East Road Network continues to support our expanding customer base that needs fast, efficient, secure, and day definite transportation solutions across a variety of industries,” added Wright.
“Mohannad’s primary role is to further develop our Kuwait business where we have seen a 30 per cent increase in volumes annually over the last three years.”
TNT’s express division is one of the world’s leading business to business express delivery services providers.
It delivers 4.1 million parcels, documents and pieces of freight a week to over 200 countries using its network of over 1,200 depots, hubs and sortation centres.
The division operates over 23,400 road vehicles and 44 aircraft and has the biggest door-to-door air and road express delivery infrastructure in Europe.
TNT’s express division employs over 54,000 staff worldwide (as per the end of 2006).
It is the first organisation to have achieved global recognition as an Investor in People.
TNT provides businesses and consumers worldwide with an extensive range of services for their mail and express delivery needs. TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures