Bechtel wins Saudi smelter deal
Riyadh, October 4, 2008
US-based Bechtel, one of the world's premier engineering, construction, and project management companies, has clinched a key aluminium smelter project in Saudi Arabia, said a media report.
Betchel has been appointed as the engineering, procurement and construction management contractor for Al-Zabirah smelter project at Ras al-Zour, Meed reported, without saying how it got the information.
The smelter is being developed by Alumco, a joint venture of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) and the British-Canadian company Rio Tinto Alcan.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn