NMC Trading takes warehouse space in DIC
Dubai, November 18, 2008
Dubai Industrial City has signed an agreement to lease 230,000 sq ft of warehouse space to NMC Trading, the trading and distribution arm of the New Medical Centre (NMC) Group.
The agreement was signed by Rashed Al Ansari, vice-president of Dubai Industrial City, and Dr B R Shetty, managing director and CEO of NMC Group.
The deal makes NMC Trading the largest warehouse customer for the leading industrial destination in Dubai, and will help NMC Trading further consolidate and expand its business especially in healthcare, FMCG and retail sectors, a statement said.
NMC Trading boasts an impressive portfolio of the most renowned and established world-class brands in pharmaceuticals, medical and scientific equipment, as well as in FMCG such as Pfizer, Nivea, Tyco, 3M and Himalaya.
Dr Shetty said: “With NMC Trading’s impressive supply chain facility at the new strategically located Dubai Industrial City, we have strengthened the group’s warehousing and logistics capabilities to offer unparalleled service to our valued worldwide partners and customers within the UAE. As the largest lessee of storage space at Dubai Industrial City, NMC Trading will leverage its dedicated state-of-the art facilities and services to further solidify our position as market leaders in diverse sectors.”
Al Ansari said: “The agreement with NMC Trading is in line with our strategy to actively support the industrial sector in the UAE. NMC Trading is one of the largest distribution companies in the country and the presence of such a market leader demonstrates the importance of Dubai Industrial City as a hub, while validating our keenness to serve the business sector’s growing needs for expansion.”
Al Ansari pointed out demand has been so strong that warehouse space of 1.5 million square feet offered by Dubai Industrial City has been completely taken up by companies on lease.
He added: "Dubai Industrial City is currently building another set of warehouses offering an additional 1.5 million square feet of storage space, leasing for which will begin by next month."
Ideally located near Jebel Ali Port and adjacent to the new Al Maktoum International Airport, overlooking the main transport gateways and mid-way to Abu Dhabi, Dubai Industrial City’s state-of-the-art warehouse facilities incorporate the highest design safety level. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers